Welcome to the tax arm of MyTaxologist. We’re geared to handle all of your tax and accounting needs, so you can focus on other things. Tax preparation, tax planning, solving and preventing tax problems, accounting and payroll…it’s what we do. For personal or business needs, we’ve got you covered. And we’re an IRS Enrolled Agent, too – so we can even help if you’re saddled with an audit.
At MyTaxologist Services, we assist clients with Federal, State, and Local taxes, for personal, real estate, or corporate concerns (including S Corps, LLCs, and Estates and Trusts). We specialize in helping youto reduce your tax liability as much as is legally possible. We go beyond simple compliance to proactively create a tax plan that will give you the maximum in after-tax income.
MyTaxologist can prepare any type of tax return for any state. We handle all types of tax scenarios, from sales and use tax filings to payroll returns to NY45s to Federal 941s….and just about anything else the tax authorities can throw at us.
MyTaxologist is also an Enrolled Agent for the IRS licensed in New York State. When the time comes for that tax audit, MyTaxologist has your back. We can help with any type of tax audit negotiations or settlements, and can provide Power of Attorney services for any audit.
MyTaxologist staff has alot of experience dealing with tax authorities from many different federal and state agencies. We’ll help you navigate the minefield scenario an audit can present. Let the skilled professionals at MyTaxologist put your tax audit worries at bay.
The founder of MyTaxologist is a Certified Public Accountant. MyTaxologist’s CPA services include:
General Ledger and Financial Statement
MyTaxologist prepares, compiles, reviews and audits corporate financial statements. We also analyze financial materials and reporting procedures, so you can assure your stockholders that your company has reported their financial position honestly.
Personal and Corporate Tax Planning and Return Preparation
Tax law is always changing, and managing finances and investments becomes harder and more complex all the time. We’re here to help (that’s what CPA’s are for, you know). MyTaxologist offers tax planning strategies to legally maximize your after tax income; we prepare any type of federal, state and local tax returns, and we help clients keep compliance with the latest tax laws and regulations. We also represent our clients during an audit by any tax authorities.
Business Financial Services
To keep your business prosperous, we offer thefollowing business services:
- Installing and supporting accounting systems and controls
- Cash flow budgeting and forecasting
- Securing or restructuring financing
- Designing employee compensation and benefits packages
- Ensuring compliance with government regulations
- Bookkeeping (Monthly, quarterly, or annual)
- Payroll processing
Personal Financial Statements
If you are looking for ways to better manage your cash flow, a CPA can help. MyTaxologist can prepare and review your financial statement to help you better understand where your money is going. We can also help in setting up retirement plans, addressing insurance and investment issues, and we even offer estate planning assistance so you can minimize the tax burden on your heirs.
Tax Preparation Checklist (Personal)
- W-2s for each job held in 2014 for each person in the household, this form reports your name, wages, and other tax information to the IRS.
- 1099s showing other income (unemployment, social security, school loans, health care reimbursement, state tax refund, gambling winnings, contract work) that is reported to the IRS.
- 1098s showing payments you’ve made (school loans,property tax).
- Income/interest statements received for any savings account/investments.
- Bank account numbers: a voided check or your bank or credit union’s routing number and savings or checking account number for your refund to be deposited automatically into your account through direct deposit.
- Last year’s tax return (if you have it).
- Name and taxpayer number as they appear on the Social Security Card (SSN) or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number letter (ITIN) for you and all dependents (including children and elderly relatives for whom you provide care).
- Date of birth and relationship (son, daughter, mother, etc.).
- Current address (it may be different from the address on your employment records).
- Childcare expenses: name, address, Tax ID or Social Security Number of the child care provider.
- Business expenses and assets: if you’re self-employed or have a small business
- College: loans and/or scholarships received, and bills for technical/community college or university (Forms 1098-T/1098-E).
- Educator expenses for teaching grades K-12 (school supplies and materials used in the classroom).
- Charitable donations: list of contributions and amounts, receipts for contributions over $250.
- Vehicles: vehicle sales tax, personal property tax statement for each car you own, total miles driven for the year and/or total miles driven for business.
- Renters: amount of rent paid (in some states).
- Homeowners: mortgage interest statement (Form 1098), real estate taxes paid, Statement of Property Tax Payable in 2014.
- Retirement/IRA: amount contributed to an IRA and total value as of December 2014.
Tax Preparation Checklist (Business)
What kind of life do you want to live during your retirement? Will you have enough squirreled away to actually live that life? Let MyTaxologist help you examine your retirement planning options, so you can have a retirement you will really cherish.
Track Your Refund
When will you receive your refund? The answer depends on how you filed your return. The IRS should issue your refund check within six to eight weeks of filing a paper return. If you chose to receive your refund through direct deposit, you should receive it within a week. If you use e-file, your refund should be issued between two and three weeks.
You can check on the status of your refund by clicking on the links below.